Are you a Christian ministry-minded individual that wants to be part of the exciting work being done throughout the city of Birmingham? Check below for current job openings at CSM!
Work at CSM
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication, organization, and administrative skills.
15-20 hours a week, with flexibility as needed/discussed. Computer proficiency and experience with Microsoft Office (including Excel/Sheets) are required. The position can grow into full-time depending on the candidate’s desire and performance. We are a faith-based, volunteer-driven organization. All staff work directly with volunteers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Handling daily office functions such as phone, email, mail, supplies, donor, and volunteer database updates, deposits, and more
- Support Executive Director and Operations Director
- Perform bookkeeping functions, including invoice requests, check requests, and In-Kind donation correspondence
- Data entry and management of monthly reports
- Able to direct interns and volunteers to accomplish tasks
- Provide administrative support to programs
- Strong desire to provide excellent service to clients and visitors
- Mastery in Microsoft Office Suite of Programs including Excel and Word
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and include “Administrative Position” in the subject line.
Community Garden Manager
The Community Garden Manager will be responsible for coordinating the day-to-day garden operations on our campus and assisting with our gardens located throughout Birmingham. The on-campus garden center consists of traditional growing methods as well as hydroponics and aquaponics.
A successful candidate will:
– engage in daily maintenance of the garden (beds and greenhouses)
– understand organic and sustainable growing practices
– be passionate about working with volunteers and developing community
– provide year-round produce for our partners
– create an inspirational and educational space
The future Red Rock Trail will soon run adjacent to our garden, and we are so excited for the impact this space will have on the city of Birmingham!
Please email email@example.com with your resume and include “Garden Position” in the subject line.
Christian Service Mission is committed to loving the underserved and under-resourced people in Birmingham, Alabama. We serve these communities through acts of service by providing spiritual, social, and tangible resources to see healthy change in the areas we serve. Through relationships, we connect communities of resource with communities of need, believing that the local church in each neighborhood is the key to lasting change. Christian Service Mission exists to bring together people and resources to change the lives of those in need.